PlayBox Neo reports a well-attended and successful 2023 International Broadcasting Convention. Held at its usual RAI Amsterdam location, 15-18 September, the show attracted a claimed 43,000 registered attendees compared with the IBC 2022 figure of 37,000.
“I would like to thank the many people who took time out to visit IBC,” says Pavlin Rahnev, PlayBox Neo founder and CEO. “Traffic level at our stand was high on all four days of the show with many visitors expressing strong interest in the latest additions to our industry-proven range of media management and playout products and services. For those who didn’t get to the show, we will be promoting our latest developments on the PlayBox Neo website. Stay tuned for our next webinar or contact us for a one-to-one online discussion.”
PlayBox Neo demonstrations at IBC 2023 centered around smart media solutions based on the PlayBox Neo Suite unified graphic interface which is easy to learn and eye-friendly even on long working shifts. Newly announced at IBC 2023 was official certification of Dolby® Digital Plus Professional encoding for the PlayBox Neo Suite Live Encoder. Integrating the latest Dolby software libraries, the Dolby Digital Professional™ and Dolby Digital Plus Professional™ implementations are now available as individual licenses.
Five recent additions to the PlayBox Neo range of solutions were demonstrated at the show:
- Media Gateway allows routing and transcoding to be performed entirely in software, offering significant savings in terms of cost, space and maintenance. Integral software codecs allow signal conversion between multiple formats.
- Capture Suite is designed to eliminate workflow congestion which can occur when above-average amounts of incoming content need to be processed at short notice.
- ProductionAirBox Neo-20 allows content manipulation and delivery to be performed with the near-zero latency demanded for fast-paced broadcast news, sports and live production.
- TS Time Delay supports region-specific time delay of transport streams such as DVB/ATSC MPEG, retaining the full original quality of source content. Delays can be preset to run in fully hands-off mode or switched at any time to alternative offsets.
- AdBox Neo enables content owners to maximize their business potential by targeting advertisements for specific audiences with ad insertion and digital program insertion in UHD/HD or SD workflows.